Accepted Student information
Click on the headings below to learn more
- Registrar’s Office firstname.lastname@example.org for transcript and registration questions
- Financial Aid Office email@example.com for questions about student loans, government aid, and how Goddard grants are applied
- Student Accounts firstname.lastname@example.org for information about your bill, payment plans, or paying your enrollment deposit
- Student Services email@example.com for information about disability accommodations, academic support, orientation, and community life
- Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org the help desk is our campus concierge and can help you find who you need to talk to for any problem that they can’t solve themselves
- Information Technology Services email@example.com for connectivity issues to your Student Information System (SIS), Canvas, your email, or GNet
- Eliot D. Pratt Library firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about borrowing books, accessing research databases remotely, and requesting research assistance.
Your checklist appears in your application portal
- Registration Form
- Proof of Vaccination
- Financial Aid Clearance with the Financial Aid Office
- Financial Clearance with the Student Accounts Office
- ID and ID Verification
- Enrollment reservation
Emails to watch for
- Account activation-REALLY important-this email will give you access to all things Goddard
- Residency Updates
- From registrar/student accounts/finaid/community life with missing items
- From faculty/programs with pre-residency action items/meeting invitations
New Student Orientation
New student orientation consists of both synchronous and asynchronous programming. Prior to the start of the semester, you will need to login to Canvas to watch videos and find useful resources about enrollment, tech support, community life, the library, and more. Synchronous programming via zoom will be held in the evenings on the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday before the start of the semester. This is your opportunity to meet Goddard staff and faculty and go over program and systems information live and in-person.
New students will be able to access these sessions once their pre-registration steps are complete.
For assistance regarding technology on campus, please use Goddard College’s tech ticket portal. Before residency begins, please remember to:
- Download the Zoom app on your computer.
- Familiarize yourself with different communication apps. (Google Chat, Google Calendar, WhatApp, Slack, etc). Different advisors prefer different methods of communication.
- Familiarize yourself with SCHED when you receive your schedule from your program.
- Be sure to pay attention to communication regarding Canvas.
Residency Arrival and Departure Times
- Check in for on-campus students is 3pm on Wednesday.
- All students must check out and vacate their rooms by 1pm on the last day Friday of residency
- The Help Desk is open from 8:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- If you plan to arrive on campus later or earlier, please contact email@example.com so we can make sure you have access to campus.
Transportation to and from Campus
Students are responsible for their travel to and from campus during residencies. Here are some local transportation options available to students traveling to campus from the BTV and the Montpelier Bus Station.
- Uber or Lyft: The Uber and Lyft apps allow students to book transportation in advance. For more information see the Uber and/or Lyft websites. Transportation can also be booked through the Transit app. (note this is the only option available for folx arriving via the Amtrak)
- Public Bus:
- Green Mountain Transit Fare free through June 30, 2022. Apps for GMT ; Token Transit (payment method), Transit app for schedules and real time bus locations.
- Rural County Transit fare free. Also on the Transit app.
- Dartmouth Coach (Upper Valley VT–Boston–NYC), 800-637-0123, http://dartmouthcoach.com/
- Rental Car: Rental cars are available at the Burlington, VT airport as well as at various locations near campus.
Packages and Goddard’s Mailing Address
If students wish to have packages sent to Goddard prior to or during the residency, please address packages to:
123 Pitkin Rd, Plainfield, VT 05667
Helpful Information for On-Campus Residencies
- You’re Essential, the Goddard Store, is located in the Community Center and will have a wide selection of amenities for students to purchase.
- Linens will be available in all dorm rooms for students upon arrival.
- For information about what local, state, and national resources are available to students during the residency season, please see our Community Life Student Resource List.
Student Life and Help Desk Availability and Contact Information
The Help Desk is open from 8:30am- 11:00 pm during the residencies. We can assist with basic IT questions, help setting up workshop rooms and housing questions. Help Desk can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at x277 (802-322-1692)
Student Life will be available 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Danielle Kutner, our student life manager, will be available for phone, Zoom, and in-person meetings by appointment. Student Life can be reached by email at email@example.com and by phone at (802) 227-2753.
For non-life threatening emergencies, contact the Help Desk until 11 p.m. After 11 p.m., contact Student life at (802) 227-2753. For life-threatening emergencies, always call 9-1-1.
Using the Library
The Eliot D. Pratt Library is located in the Pratt Center building and is open 9:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. Extended residency hours will be posted on the library website. The website provides access to the online catalog and research databases.
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number – (802) 322-1604
Below are some questions you should answer for yourself to prepare for a virtual residency:
- Have I cleared my schedule for the week of residency? While the residency is virtual, full participation during the residency week is required and the focus the week should be your studies. Imagine you were attending an in-person residency, and schedule yourself the same way. Make arrangements to limit distractions from family, work, and friends (childcare, vacation time, etc.).
- What plans have I made to successfully prepare my environment for residency? We have found that the virtual residency experience has worked best for those who have a quiet place to call from and who are joining zoom events from a desktop or laptop (with a video camera) as opposed to a phone.
- Would it be helpful for me to connect with Community Life before residency? Our Community Life staff are here as a resource for you before, during, and after residency. They are happy to connect about accommodations, academic support, time-management, etc. You can reach them at email@example.com
- Am I getting all the information? Keep a close eye on your email in the weeks leading up to the residency. Email is the primary way that everyone at Goddard communicates. Keep an eye on your inbox and make sure Goddard email addresses are on your safe list. Also, check your spam once in a while to make sure no important messages have ended up there.
- Do I have the necessary software and internet access? Make sure to download, install, and practice with zoom before the residency. Also, check to make sure that your wifi signal is strong enough to video conference or that you are able to have an ethernet (wired) connection.
For information about using the library, start at the Library Website or the Library Space in Canvas.
Library website: http://research.tianan1688.com/home
Library Canvas Space: http://goddardcollege.instructure.com/courses/9
You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-800-468-4888 x 208. The Eliot D. Pratt Library is located on the Plainfield, Vermont, campus and is staffed Monday-Friday, 9:00-4:00 Eastern Time. Check the hours on the library’s Contact Us page for updated hours: http://research.tianan1688.com/contact
During the residency, there will be scheduled library orientation and research workshops over Zoom. You can also book time with a librarian for an online research consultation by using the Appointment Scheduler, or emailing Eileen Gatti at email@example.com. Research consultations over Zoom are available throughout the semester, not just during residency. Feel free to contact Eileen ahead of time if you want to get a jump on your research!
If you are returning books from last semester, you can mail them back to the Eliot D. Pratt Library, Goddard College, 123 Pitkin Road, Plainfield, VT 05667.
If you prefer to bring them back to Port Townsend, please return them by noon on Friday, February 11th, as that is when Eileen will be on-site packing up books to ship back to Vermont.
Thanks for your cooperation!